Ribble continues to lead the way with the unrivalled level of customisation that is offered on our bikes through BikeBuilder. But how does it work and what customisation options are available? To find out how to change gear ratio’s, add your own custom paint scheme in CustomColour and much, much more take a look at our blog; Ribble Cycles BikeBuilder and how to use it.
BikeBuilder provides access to a wealth of customisation options which gives you complete control over what your dream Ribble bike will look like. Also, how much it weighs and performs. There’s very little that you cannot customise in some way or another. Everything from the colour of the bike through to the smallest details like handlebar plugs or stem top cap.
Step 1: Choose your bike
Make your bike selection from the range of award-winning bikes. Each model will have a number of recommended builds which have been carefully selected to suit a variety of budgets and rider requirements. Click on ‘learn more‘ to view the bike in more detail. If this recommended build suits your purposes then simply click on ‘choose size’ to proceed at which point you will be transferred to the BikeBuilder.
When in Bikebuilder you can simply place the order or personalise the fit/componentry. If however, you know exactly what you want simply click on ‘create your own build’ to be transferred directly to BikeBuilder.
Step 2 – Choose Size
Once you have decided upon the bike, it’s time to select the correct size of frame. Each frame size has a specific height range recommendation to help you work out which size you will need. This range is based upon the measurements of the frame and our professional fitting experience, so it’s highly accurate.
Step 3 – Customise Bike
Clicking on the ‘Customise Bike‘ button opens up a menu (see image above) that allows you complete control to select from a whole host of options. This includes everything from changing handlebar width, stem length, gear ratios to designing your own colour scheme in CustomColour. You can also add any accessories to the order such as mudguards, pedals, bottles and cages etc.
If you wish to configure any parts of the build, select the option you wish to change and then click on the cog icon (with edit written underneath). You can keep track of your selections by clicking on the ‘view full specification‘ button in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
Ribble’s CustomColour configurator allows you to get creative with designing your own unique Ribble bike. Dependant upon the model of the bike there could be as many as 2 billion combinations to choose from! These choices include;
- Paint Finish– Choose a Matt, Metallic, Glitter or Gloss finish.
- Frame colour – Do you want the frame to have one single solid colour or would you like a gradient? The Gradient option allows you to select 2 main colours for the frame and have them gradually fade into each other.
- Gradient Angle – You’ve selected the fade, how about changing whereabouts on the frame the fade takes place?
- Accents – Most models of Ribble bikes (but not all) will have ‘accents’ on the forks and the seat tube. You can configure the colour of these individually so they could all be a different colour should you so wish.
- Colour Match Cockpit – Want the cockpit to match the rest of the bike? No problem, if you choose this option the entire bars and stem combo is painted.
- If the bike has a traditional handlebar and stem system then only the stem will be painted. Why not the bars as well, you may ask? Well, the paintwork will become damaged int he event you remove and refit the bars.
- In both cases, the cockpit will be painted the same colour as the headtube. You can, of course, contact us if you wish to specify an alternative colour.
Once you have finished designing your custom Ribble you can download it to share your work of art with friends and family. CustomColour adds 28 days to the normal lead time of any particular bike.
Review and buy
Once you are happy with your selections simply click on the ‘review and buy’ button and the entire specification of the bike will be listed for you to review. Once you are happy to proceed, simply click on ‘buy this build’ to progress to the payment and delivery screens. Then it’s all systems go for a whole lot of fun on your new best friend! #newbikeday, #myribble.
The latest in our Ribble rides series is a loop of Longridge Fell. A short but challenging ride best suited to riders of intermediate experience. Click here to see the route.