Ribble continues to lead the way when it comes to the unrivalled level of bike customisation that we offer. This is made possible through our advanced online Ribble Cycles BikeBuilder. Read on to find out how to change gear ratios, add your own CustomColour design and much, much more.
The Ribble Cycles BikeBuilder provides access to a wealth of customisation options. This gives you complete control over what your dream Ribble bike will look like and how it performs. There’s very little that you cannot customise in some way or another. Everything from the colour of the bike through to the smallest details such as the handlebar plugs or stem top cap.
Step 1: Choose your bike
Make your bike selection from our range of award-winning bikes. Each model is offered in a number of ‘popular builds’ which have been carefully selected by our team of experts. These particular builds have been created to suit a variety of budgets and rider requirements.
Click on ‘learn more‘ to view the bike in more detail. If this recommended build suits your requirements, simply click on ‘choose size’ to proceed, at which point you will be transferred to the BikeBuilder.
Or, if you know exactly what you wish to order and want to take advantage of BikeBuilder’s extensive customisation options, you may wish to click the ‘build your own’ option. You will then be redirected directly to the Ribble Cycles BikeBuilder. While in Bikebuilder you can simply place your order as is or personalise it to your preferred fit/componentry choice.
Step 2 – Choose Your Size
Once you have decided upon the bike model it’s time to select the correct frame size. To help you make your selection, we have already listed a specific height range recommendation for each frame size. These recommendations are calculated through countless bike fittings of both our staff and visitors to our showrooms, so they are highly accurate.
Select your frame size and you will note that an estimated delivery will be displayed (see image above). If the date seems a little way off, click the view full selection box at the bottom of the screen to view the components in detail. Any components that are out of stock will have an expected restocking date listed next to them. Changing this part may bring the estimated delivery date forward somewhat.
If the date is still too far away, why not check out the bikes that offer our earliest despatch dates here.
Step 3 – Customise Bike
When you have selected your frame size, you then have the option to review the build and buy without making any amendments. Or if you prefer, you can choose to customise your build. Clicking on the ‘Customise Bike‘ button opens up a menu (see left image above) that allows you the complete control to select from a whole host of options. This includes everything from changing handlebar width, stem length and gear ratios to designing your own colour scheme with CustomColour. You can also add any accessories to the order such as mudguards, pedals, bottles and cages etc.
If you wish to configure any parts of the build, select the option you wish to change and then click on the cog icon (with edit written underneath). You can keep track of your selections by clicking on the ‘view full specification‘ button in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
Ribble’s CustomColour configurator allows you to get creative with designing your own unique Ribble bike. There are over 2 billion CustomColour combinations to choose from! These choices include;
- Paint Finish– Choose a Matt, Metallic, Glitter or Gloss finish.
- Frame colour – Do you want the frame to have one single solid colour or would you prefer a gradient? Gradient allows you to select 2 main colours and have them gradually fade into each other.
- Gradient Angle – You’ve selected how you want the 2 colours to fade. You can now choose the angle at which the fade occurs.
- Accents – Most models (but not all) will have ‘accents’ on the forks and the seat tube. You can configure the colour of these individually, so you can mix and match these to achieve your dream look.
- Colour Match Cockpit – For that extra finishing touch, there is the colour matched cockpit option. When you select this option we spray the handlebars to match the colour scheme of the frameset.
- If you have opted for a standard handlebar & stem combo, only the stem will be painted. Why not the bars as well, you may ask? The paintwork will become damaged in the event you remove and refit the bars.
- If the bike is equipped with the LEVEL 5 carbon integrated handlebars, the whole assembly is colour-matched.
- In both cases, the cockpit will be painted the same colour as the headtube. You can, of course, contact us if you wish to specify an alternative colour.
Share your masterpiece
Once you have finished designing your dream Ribble bike you can download a copy of your design. Or you can choose to share it with friends and family. Please note that CustomColour will add a number of days to your estimated build time and this will be quoted when you select this option in the Ribble Cycles BikeBuilder.
Review and buy
Once you are happy with your selections, simply click on the ‘review and buy’ button and the entire specification of the bike will be listed for you to review. If you are ready to proceed, click the ‘buy this build’ button to progress to the payment and delivery screens. Then it’s all systems go for a whole lot of fun on your new best friend! #newbikeday, #myribble.
The latest in our Ribble rides series is a loop of Longridge Fell. A short but challenging ride best suited to riders of intermediate experience. Click here to see the route.